frusciante06

Do you remember your first?

24 posts in this topic

I pretty sure this goes here... but anyway, what instrument do you play and what's your first AND favorite song that you play by RHCP and/or John Frusciante?

For me, I play the guitar (electric and acoustic). My first RHCP song is "Scar Tissue". My first John Frusciante song is "The Past Recedes". My favorite RHCP to play is a pretty difficult one. That would either go to "Wet Sand" or "Hey". For my fav. Frusciante song, that would go to "Carvel". Feel free to add your favs and firsts on here!

i play bass, guitar and piano.

i started playing bass.

my first RHCP Song i could play was Californication, i think.

my favorite song to play on bass is, i guess, Funky Monks.

my first RHCP Song i could play on guitar was also Californication.

my favorite song to play on guitar is My Lovely Man

my first jf song...hmmm...i think it was Untitled #3

I play violin, piano and guitar. Guitar is my favorite though, i've played for about a year and I just bought my first electric :P/> . My first JF song I could play was The Past Recedes and my favorite RHCP song to play is under the bridge or soul to squeeze.

I play Bass, Guitar and this nice little thing called a Balalakia which is a Russian Acoustic Instrument but sounds quite funky.

Anywho, i started out playing the Bass, the first song i played by RHCP was (i think) American Ghost Dance. The first RHCP song on Guitar was either Sexy Mexican Maid or Magic Johnson. The first Frusciante song i learnt was either A Loop and my favourite one to play is probably Going Inside.

I pretty sure this goes here... but anyway, what instrument do you play and what's your first AND favorite song that you play by RHCP and/or John Frusciante?

For me, I play the guitar (electric and acoustic). My first RHCP song is "Scar Tissue". My first John Frusciante song is "The Past Recedes". My favorite RHCP to play is a pretty difficult one. That would either go to "Wet Sand" or "Hey". For my fav. Frusciante song, that would go to "Carvel". Feel free to add your favs and firsts on here!

First of all, its funny, actually my first RHCP song was "Scar Tissue" too and also the first John song i learn to play on the guitar was "The Past Recedes"! :)/>

And secondly:

I play guitar, bass, and ukulele.

and my favourite RHCP Song i played on guitar was "Dosed".

my favourite jf songs are like... "Chanses", "The Days Have Turned" and "Anne"!!

I play guitar and a bit of bass :)/>

First RHCP Song (guitar): Californication

First RHCP Song (bass): Californication

Favorite RHCP Song to play (guitar): Scar Tissue

Favorite RHCP Song to play (bass): Dani California

First JF song I learnt was 'Song to Sing When I'm Lonely' and my favorite to play is probably 'The Slaughter'...but I can't sing along to it...yet... :)/>

i play guitar and bass :)/>

first rhcp song in guitar: can't stop

first rhcp song in bass: californication

first JF song in guitar: second walk

first JF song in bass: this cold

Favorite RHCP song in guitar: scar tissue

Favorite RHCP song in bass: tell me baby

Favorite JF song in guitar: the first season, i like to sing it also but it doesn't sound too good :)/>

Favorite JF song in bass: this cold :wub:/> i love the outro in bass

You know I did start to play the bass. My first RHCP song is "Don't Forget Me" (ya, a bit easy). I'm starting to learn "Pea". Lol, I figure the only songs I'm going to play on the bass is RHCP and my own songs.

I play guitar- electric and acoustic. My first song I ever learned by any artist was aerials by system of a down. The first song I learned by the RHCP was Can't Stop. My favorite song to play is probably Under the Bridge, as it is my favorite song of all time.

My favorite JF song to play is probably Cut-Out or Carvel.

Iplay electric and acoustic guitar, first RHCP song was Californication, first John song was This Cold, then Second walk.

The first thing I learned on guitar was the past recedes.

First song I learned all the way through was Under The Bridge although my version of the outro sounds wierd.

I mostly play guitar but i'm having a go on the bass at the minute too. both self taught

1st song learned on guitar - mothers of the dissapered (U2)

1st song learned on bass - nothing else matters (Metallica)

1st chili peppers song on guitar - parallel universe (really slowly)

1st chili peppers song on bass - emit remmus

fav song learned on guitar - since i've been loving you (Led Zepelin)

fav song learned on bass - sweet child o mine (G'N'R)

fav chili peppers song on guitar - if you have to ask or soul to squeeze

fav chili peppers song on bass - higher ground

i play guitar, bass, and various other keyboard instruments :-)

i started with...trumpet

1st chili peppers song on guitar: californication

Favorite chili peppers song to play: Sir Psycho Sexy

1st JF song on guitar: The past recedes

Favorite? hm.. my smile is a rifle

I play guitar, and I learned Mellowship Slinky in B-Major, Otherside or By the Way first as far as RHCP goes. I love to play Under the Bridge and I'm currently trying to master Wet Sand. For john, I learned The Past Recedes first, as I tried to learn all of Curtains. I mostly enjoy playing chords along with the Empyrean or playing the acoustic versions of Shadows Collide with People songs.

I play guitar, bass, drums and keyboards, and I think the first RHCP song I learned to play on guitar was Can't Stop, which I worked out myself when I was 9. The notes were right, but it was the completely wrong way to play it!

Favourite on guitar: This Velvet Glove, 666 or Enough Of Me

Favourite on bass: By The Way, God or The Afterglow

Favourite on drums: Throw Away Your Television, Central or Time Runs Out

ok it's quite easy to remember since I started to teach myself some guitar two and a half months ago and I love it... I've been playing every day for a while now and got better...

but I'm gonna do this in intros, since that is what I've been playing the most.

first intro: spiral architect - black sabbath

first rhcp intro: californication

favourite rhcp intro to play: soul to squeeze or My friends (this is the only song I listen to from One Hot Minute, haven't even listened to the others. quite stupid but I'm all john:) but I LOVE to play that intro)

first song on bass (started teaching myself bass... ehm... the day before yestersay I think): soul to squeeze

my favourite john-song to play is The will to death, because I love that song. But well...I don't know how to play any others yet :)/> soon!

Can't Stop is what made me pick up the guitar. That song alone convinced me that I want to play guitar. I was probably 13 or 14. I tried to learn it on my mom's old classical nylon guitar which has a wide fret board, so it was pretty hard. I was playing that riff around the lowest frets, later learned about how John plays it and how the fretboard works. I got an electric guitar couple months later, and I was determined to play that song like John. My love for RHCP grew as I continued to play guitar. They were really my only motivation to play.

Discovered John's solo stuff a bit at a time, but I always thought the solo from Look On off of Inside Of Emptiness was just perfect.

1 person likes this

Like most people I play guitar (electric and acoustic) I also play other instruments like bass keyboard/piano but that's not important. My first RHCP song was Californication and my first Frusciante song was The Past Recedes (I felt like a legend when I learned to play those). My favorite RHCP song to play would probably be Funky Monks but it always changes for me and at the moment my favorite Frusciante song to play is My Smile Is A Rifle. :)

Like many of you Californication was my first Chilis song and Murders was my first John song. Personal favourites now though are Dani California and Millionaires Against Hunger. For John I often find myself playing either The riff in For Air, Ramparts or Look On.

I play guitar by the way

Edited by Jordy

For me my first chilis song I learnt on guitar was under the bridge, I remember playing it over and over again for months! My first favourite John frusciante song to play was The Past Recedes.

I play guitar (electric and acoustic), keyboards and melodica. The first RHCP song I learned was Californication, and the first by Frusciante was Untitled #11. My favorite RHCP song to play is Under the Bridge, and my favorite Frusciante song to play may be Smile from the Streets you Hold.

My first Rhcp song was Californication, although I always loved the solos in Easily and used to play around those loads.

Some of Johns best work with Rhcp

My first JF song was Regret. My favorite to play by far is The slaughter