Iva

The ULTIMATE Ibanez WH10 thread - to end all the others

563 posts in this topic

Apparently, the phenomenon of WH10 topics on this forum was acknowledged by a fellow member and we thought that's where it ends. Apparently, IBANEZ WERE AWARE OF IT, TOO.

The product manager of Ibanez pedals and amps just wrote to me to let me know about the biggest news ever. WH10 is being reissued.

Hi Iva,

I am a big fan of your page. I visit it all the time and you have really done a great job keeping it updated. I have some info that I was hoping you would list on your page. I am the product manager for Ibanez pedals and amps and I'm a massive massive John fan. So it was only a matter of time before I was able to reissue the WH10 wah pedal. At tomorrows NAMM show in Nashville we will be unveiling the WH10V2. The pedal has been recreated and is the same as the old pedal with one upgrade, the case it metal not plastic. The casing looks exactly the same and we even kept the same colors and all. This is extremely exciting for me as this pedal has been a favorite of mine for years and I am lucky enough to be in a position to reissue it. It will sell for $99.99 in the US and is available in the fall. I want to get the word out to John fans that these will be available and they dont have to pay $400 on ebay anymore. Thought this would make good news for your page.

Thanks

Frank

So, yeah, if anyone's going to NAMM in Nashville, you'll get to see it before everyone else does!

http://www.namm.org/summer-old

(the whole NAMM site http://www.namm.org/)

1 person likes this

I'm the happiest person on earth right now! I'm so glad and I'm really going to support it and buy like three of them at once! I love you Ibanez guy! Can't wait till fall!

2 people like this

are they going to sell them at like, lets say, guitar center?

That's awesome news, I've been after a WH10 for years now, but I don't feel like paying those extreme prices for 'em. Can't wait to try out the reissue!

Awesome. I wonder which version (grey or black) this would be? I would assume grey based on the message, but you never know. Can't wait for it to come to the UK though.

i hope on youtube, they post a video of how it sounds and looks. that would be cool if they did that before they release their new product. :thumbsupsmileyanim:/>

I will buy one also eventually, but i wonder weather John is going to buy one or not. He probably has enough original ones to last his lifetime, but the metal ones are much more reliable than plastic ones. Also i wonder, if they are going to build it with the same schematic as the original ones or will they add some "improvements"?

PS! Expensive ten-spots will be produced nomore ^_^/>

Where did you get that from?

I will buy one also eventually, but i wonder weather John is going to buy one or not. He probably has enough original ones to last his lifetime, but the metal ones are much more reliable than plastic ones. Also i wonder, if they are going to build it with the same schematic as the original ones or will they add some "improvements"?

i was thinking there would be some improvements too, but then again they say its like the original. i guess the only improvement would be the metal casing.

Where did you get that from?

The ten-spot costs a little less than the original one, and many people buy it beause it's cheaper. But when the original one is much cheaper than the ten-spot, people are going to buy the original one.

That's awesome! Maybe the original in a few years will cost like a 1000$... :evilgrin:/>

I'm so glad... I can't wait to buy it... finally I won't get a heart attack everytime i put my foot on the WH-10... ;/

and finally WH-10 will be more popular :)/>

Awesome news. Just about time the WH-10 ebay/fanboy debacle ended.

Just one bad thing:

"as well as some modern tweaks so your sound keeps changing with the times."

noooooooooooooo, don't change it !

Guys, if anyone has questions, just spill it out and I'll write to the product manager.

Also, a little bird told me there will be more surprises in store. :)/>

You could write him, that they should not change the sound.

Just one bad thing:

"as well as some modern tweaks so your sound keeps changing with the times."

noooooooooooooo, don't change it !

Nah, I think that they didn't mean it that way.

They say:

"The WH10V2 has a unique tone character setting it apart from all traditional wah pedals, as well as some modern tweaks so your sound keeps changing with the times."

They only try to sell it to as many customers as possible, therefor they say "it's not old fashioned, you can get awesome wah sounds for more modern music too..." that's how I understand it.

Guys, if anyone has questions, just spill it out and I'll write to the product manager.

Also, a little bird told me there will be more surprises in store. :)/>

What kind of suprises? ;)/>

If they're surprises, that means they cannot be revealed, right? :P/>

great news iva.

i hope i can get i here in germany too and i also hope that the sound would be really the same. For example the digitech whammy 1 pedal sounds different compared to thr reissue due to other electronics build into the new ones.

But im sooooo happy about it. :bounce:/> :yourock:/> :up:/> :whee:/>