Iva

The ULTIMATE Ibanez WH10 thread - to end all the others

563 posts in this topic

I remember hearing somewhere that one of the funk guys from Funkadelic used one. Not sure who though or if thats even right!

Hi, guys,

My wh10v2 is now unplayable. Since it started scratching, I tried to spray it a few times and it seemed to work for a while. But recently the scratches became bigger and bigger and now it is nothing but scratch noise when i turn it on and spraying doesn't work. So I've decided to install a new pot. I've searched a bit for a replacement pot and I'm wondering now will this one do the work for example:
http://www.musikding.de/Wah-Potentiometer-50k-lin-500k-lin ?

I also found other suggestions on ebay and amazon like this one.

I am not a technical guy so I decided before I buy it to first look for an answer from someone who is more technical or has experience with replacing the v2's pot, or that of any other wah.

Any opinion is appreciated :)

I replaced the pot. The soldering was such a pain in the ass because the ears of the pot that get soldered to the circuit board were different than the original and I had to come up with some tricks to make them fit to the CB. But it was worth it definately! It sounds now brand new and amazing! :)

Does it really sound the same? Which pot did you choose? When I repaired one of my old WH10s I always had a broken one to get the right parts from. Never used another pot or something like that.

Does it really sound the same? Which pot did you choose? When I repaired one of my old WH10s I always had a broken one to get the right parts from. Never used another pot or something like that.

To me it even sounds better! I ordered the pot I asked about in my previous post - http://www.musikding.de/Wah-Potentiometer-50k-lin-500k-lin . As I said the soldering was veeery tricky because of the endings that get soldered to the CB but was worth it.

I know this has been discussed before, but just to refrain because a lot of ppl are having issues with the wh10v2. Wilson effects makes a SPOT ON replica of the wh10, and it has even better functionality and build quality. Ever since I got it I took my wh10 off my board and use it only in the studio. To be honest, I like the ten spot II by wilson even more for shows because you can adjust the volume and the q level. Plus its in a die cast casing and is tougher than a cry baby. Plus I believe the price of a ten spot II is around the same, probably less than an original wh10.

I know this has been discussed before, but just to refrain because a lot of ppl are having issues with the wh10v2. Wilson effects makes a SPOT ON replica of the wh10, and it has even better functionality and build quality. Ever since I got it I took my wh10 off my board and use it only in the studio. To be honest, I like the ten spot II by wilson even more for shows because you can adjust the volume and the q level. Plus its in a die cast casing and is tougher than a cry baby. Plus I believe the price of a ten spot II is around the same, probably less than an original wh10.

I just ordered this today. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like in person.

^ Congratz! And enjoy it! :) One of the best wahs I've ever played.

On 5/6/2016 at 11:17 AM, YE_29 said:

has anyone ever tried comparing the insides of the original wh10 vs. version 2? it is the pot? i found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281959445753?clk_rvr_id=1026042656173&item=281959445753&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&rmvSB=true

will i get close to the the vintage sound by installing this in the version 2?

Wont make much of a difference there. As far as I know I think the only real difference is a couple of transistors, but even despite that I hear  no real discernible difference between the two.

Hi everyone ,

I really need some help, my wh10v2 has a pretty big problem i hope has a simple solution . Whenever i engage the pedal the effect turns on but the sweep dosent work when i rock the wah back and forth , its barley audible if at all. Ive tried cleaning out the pots and other usual quick wah fixes but nothings worked . Hopefully its a minor problem i cant afford to get it repaired 

Plz help :'(

On 12/26/2017 at 9:22 PM, Sam sam said:

Hi everyone ,

I really need some help, my wh10v2 has a pretty big problem i hope has a simple solution . Whenever i engage the pedal the effect turns on but the sweep dosent work when i rock the wah back and forth , its barley audible if at all. Ive tried cleaning out the pots and other usual quick wah fixes but nothings worked . Hopefully its a minor problem i cant afford to get it repaired 

Plz help :'(

Was that the way you bought it or it happened over time? Did you open it up to check whether something inside is broken or not in place?