Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blo0mz

John reference to liking Tool

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know/remember the article or interview where he said he likes/has been listening to Tool? I've been trying to dig it up for so long but have had no luck whatsoever. If anyone can find it, it would be greatly appreciated.

He says something like "...I've been listening to a lot of electronica, some Tool, [lists other bands]..." etc.

Thanks in advance.

Yes it was around 2004 .. maybe the Dan Kramer interview? Either that or that long fan Q&A

He's saying he doesn't like a lot of new music ... but he says "I like Tool, you know" or something

friend of mine saw him at a Tool concert in LA with josh back around 2001. king crimson was opening for tool.

on a personal side note, danny carey is a monster on drums. and adam jones stop motion animations for the tool videos are as inspiring as tim burton or the brothers quay.

It is from the 2004 Q&A for sure. On the old official site, there used to be a Word document containing a small written part of this interview (about 2 pages). I believe that's where he talks about Tool. I used to have it long ago, but now I can't find it anywhere, including i-m.net... If somebody could give me a link, or upload it, it would be appreciated.

sorry, i can't help with the interview, i just never realized he liked tool! ha! i didn't even realize king crimson were still around - i thought they'd dropped off the radar. cool. so thanks for that. (sorry i know that was a rubbish post but essay writing has consumed all metnal function)

It is from the 2004 Q&A for sure. On the old official site, there used to be a Word document containing a small written part of this interview (about 2 pages). I believe that's where he talks about Tool. I used to have it long ago, but now I can't find it anywhere, including i-m.net... If somebody could give me a link, or upload it, it would be appreciated.

Welcome, Raine. :headphone:/>

The audio files are here:

http://www.invisible-movement.net/download...io/2004-q-and-a

As for the transcript, I have to reformat it. The person who originally transcribed the first five questions asked for help with her PhD and a bunch of other people requested the transcript as well; but some parts of it contain rather poor formatting and spelling and I had no time to deal with it...but I promise I'll do that by the end of this week.

its in this interview around 2:45.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFQNUp_B0U&feature=response_watch

Thank you for the welcome, Iva.

Yeah, I remember the transcript you're talking about, it was a harsh read (all those "umm", "uh", "eh" between every 4 words and stuff :rolleyes:/> )

But I believe, there was a text file, which was also a part of the Q&A (NOT a transcript of the audio interview) where he talks about his current favourite bands and records, how "mainstream sucks" and such...

That was something that went along with release of The Will To Death. I believe all the little writings that went on jf.com with albums' releases are posted in a thread on this forum. Now, if only I could find it...