Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iva

Chad was "told to stay away from John questions"

111 posts in this topic

I can't believe you are accusing ME of this and comparing me to a gossip blogger?! Just because I posted a link to an actual interview transcript for a board member who couldn't find it?!

I love it how people speculate on how they can replace John with Josh, Dave or even Joe Satriani (someone asked me that on Twitter...RIDICULOUS), how they enjoy it and then I get accused of acting like a dirty gossiping bitch just because I posted a link?! And on some other board, I get told to fuck off because I said that there's no fun in making up fictional stories of what might happen to the band if this person leaves and that person comes.

When was John's private life discussed on this forum and the relevant website? It's even forbidden. People get warnings for sharing private and papparazzi photos in the picture thread. Please, before you do the "attitude" thing, have some knowledge on the subject. As the matter of a fact, I disallowed people to psychoanalyse John's relationships IN THIS VERY THREAD.

Every next person who agrees with FunkyBP1083 on this is getting a week of not being able to post and use private messaging. I can't take this, it's ridiculous and it all comes from people who write in similar style, don't even read what the previous person has said and consider putting in a single link to be gossip. Overanalysing what was said, how it was said, why it was said and what it might cause could be speculation...I don't think I've done that either!

I can't believe you are accusing ME of this and comparing me to a gossip blogger?! Just because I posted a link to an actual interview transcript for a board member who couldn't find it?!

I love it how people speculate on how they can replace John with Josh, Dave or even Joe Satriani (someone asked me that on Twitter...RIDICULOUS), how they enjoy it and then I get accused of acting like a dirty gossiping bitch just because I posted a link?! And on some other board, I get told to fuck off because I said that there's no fun in making up fictional stories of what might happen to the band if this person leaves and that person comes.

When was John's private life discussed on this forum and the relevant website? It's even forbidden. People get warnings for sharing private and papparazzi photos in the picture thread. Please, before you do the "attitude" thing, have some knowledge on the subject. As the matter of a fact, I disallowed people to psychoanalyse John's relationships IN THIS VERY THREAD.

Every next person who agrees with FunkyBP1083 on this is getting a week of not being able to post and use private messaging. I can't take this, it's ridiculous and it all comes from people who write in similar style, don't even read what the previous person has said and consider putting in a single link to be gossip. Overanalysing what was said, how it was said, why it was said and what it might cause could be speculation...I don't think I've done that either!

Chill a bit Iva. Please re read my post carefully and tell me exactly where I accused YOU of being a gossip/blogger.

I stated that 'gossip is not big, not smart and not funny and only ends up making stars resent the press / bloggers', not you. You are one of the few people (admin or just poster) that is very careful not to start, spread or solicitate the use of the forum for spreading gossip.

Am I missing a post or something cause i do not see anyone speculating about replacments on this thread.

I have not mentioned anything about his personal life except that he keeps it private. Something that a lot of other celebs should learn how to do rather than airing their dirty laundry in public.

The main point of my input on the thread was that whatever happens happens. I'm thankful for what John has given musically up to date (individually and with RHCP) and there was no point worring about it until we know officially.

But anyway, never mind, i'm probably going to get booted for partially agreeing with somebodys opinion. Thats the point about an opinion... it's neither right nor wrong.

It's been nice spending time on the site that you put a lot of work into but I don't think i'll bother again, we'll see.

Thank you and goodnight.

Booted? No, not at all. I thought you completely agreed with him and his opinion...I should've slept at least once in the last 24 hours, maybe my replies would make sense.

I need to relax, sorry. I just stuck my own foot in my mouth and you didn't deserve it. :(/>

I think everyone needs to seriously calm down here, I've been reading other John and John-related forums and this one just seems insane. Nobody has said he has definitely left so everybody needs to just cool down a bit!

... How 'bout some good news?

Flea will be playing on Slash's solo album and on Bryan Ferry's new solo album, along with Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead. Cool.

I'll be happy if John stays with RHCP or if he just decides to leave and make music elsewhere. As long as he's making music. I don't really care about the other things he does.

i read a rumor john quit rhcp and is now playing drums for the mars volta lol :thumbsupsmileyanim:/>

i read a rumor john quit rhcp and is now playing drums for the mars volta lol :thumbsupsmileyanim:/>

best rumor I've heard so far :thumbsupsmileyanim:/>

according to http://twitter.com/_EKAP_ in regards to last nights warpaint show: "Wow, Echoplex, everyone was there, Flea, John Fru, Josh K, Shannyn and new drummer Stella, so envious! Any news on setlist, new songs maybe?"

i think that's a good sign that all is swell is chili pepper land

John and Flea have always been tight. Which is to say I'm not sure the fact that they hang-out together "means" anything in terms of this discussion. Could go either way. Just have to wait and see.

Yeah... that doesn't really say anything at all either way. John and Flea were still friends when John quit RHCP in the 90's.

As nice as that would be ;)/> TMV already has their new drummer - Dave Elitch. He's pretty impressive, plays alot like Theodore did.

With the revolving drum stool the way it is with them and the amount of crap all the drummers wind-up taking from the Knitting Circle, I'd rather John just keep playing guitar.

I just wonder when the official site is gonna give us some update on the current situation in the band. :frustrated:/>

You know, I've already bought a ticket for The Mars Volta show to see John drumming...HOW COULD YOU...!?!! :fryingpan:/>

I know it's weird, but I somehow think

When Chad said ...

"told to stay away from John questions"

It is actually meant something like ...

Do not bored me with these issues and gossip ... all that things about John is nonsense to even discuss.

Am I one big optimistic? or this is possible.

I know it's weird, but I somehow think

When Chad said ...

"told to stay away from John questions"

It is actually meant something like ...

Do not bored me with these issues and gossip ... all that things about John is nonsense to even discuss.

Am I one big optimistic? or this is possible.

If that was the case, he'd just say "yeah, john's onboard, move to the next question". But being prohibited to speak about him is something else.

Maybe John's being hard to convince and they don't want to say anything until they know his final decision. If John was onboard, all this drama would not be happening.

Not exactly, if it wasn't for all us people speculating on message boards, all this drama would not be happening. I'm not saying that it's wrong and we should all have shut up (that would just make me a hypocrite), but you know, it wasn't exactly members of the band or mass media generating all the fuss...

I dont believe john has left the band, and i dont believe that the band would let him leave that easily and just go on with their album plan (i think any plans would be put off if anyone was considering leaving). it seems there might be some tension between john and chad. thats the only thing i can think of. listening to interviews over the past year or so, they didnt seem to be in contact, and john has been very anti- media, commercial, rock star. while chad has been the opposite, playing with all these big stars, doing interviews and playing on kid rocks album.

but there rehearsing and jammin together so i think theres no reason to worry about the lineup, but i hope everyone in the band is getting along and looking forward to making music together.

Not exactly, if it wasn't for all us people speculating on message boards, all this drama would not be happening. I'm not saying that it's wrong and we should all have shut up (that would just make me a hypocrite), but you know, it wasn't exactly members of the band or mass media generating all the fuss...

I believe that the person who started this all is neither someone from mass media nor someone on a message board, actually.

And this is still better than generating fuss over girlfriends, hairstyles, shoes and other ridiculous topics. This is still about music after all.

yeah well it's obvious why john was so short with his replies as to the chili peppers questions is cus he was bummed out that he was supposed to be discussing his album and all anyone wanted to ask him was whether anything was going on with the chilis.. i seriously dont think flea would do it without john, i think john is at his best in the chili's and he might have been told to 'stay away' from the john questions so as to not tread on john's toes...i really do hope he's back on with the chilis cus i was quite let down by empyrean and like i said before, i think he's at his best in the chili's.

yeah well it's obvious why john was so short with his replies as to the chili peppers questions is cus he was bummed out that he was supposed to be discussing his album

Really? I don't see why people are being so assured with their analysis of John (and others) comments. My gut feeling is he won't be in the band next year, but I think people are generalising too much. The only way we'll know is by waiting in the coming months, and see what actually unfolds. Wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

I really don't think Anthony, Flea and Chad would continue with the Peppers without John.

I'll just answer by quoting a guy called "elduderino" because he sums up quite perfectly what I'm thinking:

I understand why people are so upset that John might have left, particularly if they haven't got to see him live with them.

And I could easily understand why they might call it quits at this point in their lives and after losing such a long term fixture.

But why couldn't Josh be the guy for the job? I think if they want to keep making music, then they will keep making music. With or without John. Particularly if it is a relatively amicable departure.

Each time they have made an album it has been new, and changing john won't change that, it will just spice things up even more. I would be sad to see John go, but if they want to make music with Josh or anyone else it would have my blessing.

There are some guitarists who would be better than others perhaps. I can't see Satriani slotting in from a Chickenfoot session. But there are plenty that they could do something amazing with I reckon. For me, the issue is more could they cope with the stick all the people like people here would give them for soldiering on without John. If it wasn't guitar the way frusciante played it. If it wasn't pop they way he crafted it. If it wasn't the stuff that the record label, the fans and people here had come to expect? I hope they don't find themselves in that situation, cos that will stunt creativity and deprive any future for them.

As for not changing him... why? No one seems to have a very convincing explanation. John came back because things had deteriorated with Dave. Had they stayed good then who is to say they would have had him back? Artists can change. Haven't seen a single convincing argument yet other than peoples own emotions giving an agenda to their answers.