Iva

John Frusciante picture thread #3

233 posts in this topic

Just realised that I made a ridiculous typo on the previous page and nobody told me. All is fine with the nose, the photo had odd noise, as in, distracting bokeh. Then again, Nikon...meh.

Also, this pic was not in the thread. Shame, since it's the nicest one in the January photo session.

Z21nUG.jpg

2 people like this

Wow thanks, Iva, that shot is very cool indeed :)

(the JF-local-photo-library is growing)

d3d0lui6tqs1ir7ag.jpg

Just saw this one on Instagram. New to me.

2 people like this

Looks like the photo session for the Suck My Kiss single cover, or whatever else ended up being re-used for that cover. Mind asking that person where they took it from? I assume it's a magazine.

Here's one from 2001 that I have not seen before. The source is Rock & Folk for April 2001, and the session should be familiar.

G5BoTB.jpg

John was at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica last Tuesday (Nov 10, 2015) to support his friend Gaspar and his new movie "Love".

11910451_1651947208409108_1742890264_n.j

@elliemaemcnulty

12237297_853007734812672_446446265_n.jpg

@stardust_stereo

It's strange how 2015 photos have a completely different vibe from anything after 2007, apart from the SDM pics. It's hard to even put a finger on it, but they do. :)

It's strange how 2015 photos have a completely different vibe from anything after 2007, apart from the SDM pics. It's hard to even put a finger on it, but they do. :)

Indeed, they've been kind of sporadic in nature. His mood, hairstyle, and the nature of the photographs never seem to be the same to me. It's been entertaining to follow.

A photo of John jamming with Dewa Budjana, or the other way round. Thanks to Anisa for the heads-up. 

10157261_10156487789750008_2056274425350

Originally from Dewa Budjana's instagram.

It's pretty cool that they have gotten together even after John contributed to Budjana's museum project. Not sure quite what guitar John is holding though, looks like an RG aside from the headstock. 

On a side note on Budjana's site for his museum it lists a bunch of the guitarists who have contributed "including Michael Landau,Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Scott Henderson, Mike Stern,Dweezil Zappa, Guthrie Govan, Pat Metheny, Steve Lukather, Bill Frisell, John Frusciante, Allan Holdsworth, Robbie Krieger, Michael Angelo Batio and Steve Vai" . It makes me chuckle that John is on that list, not because he isn't good enough, but because almost all of those players are highly technical players where John was never a guy I would consider "technical" in his guitar playing.

d6780steqmyq614oz.jpg

© Danny J. Flores

Edited by Chili_Pat

On 29/1/2016 at 9:08 PM, JacktheArcher said:

It's pretty cool that they have gotten together even after John contributed to Budjana's museum project. Not sure quite what guitar John is holding though, looks like an RG aside from the headstock.

I'd guess it's his custom guitar made by the people from Performance Guitar in Los Angeles. The one he said he used to record the solo on Wayne and I also believe he used it to record the Shadow Of A Panther solo

2 people like this

4 hours ago, 30400v said:

I'd guess it's his custom guitar made by the people from Performance Guitar in Los Angeles. The one he said he used to record the solo on Wayne and I also believe he used it to record the Shadow Of A Panther solo

Oh yea that would make sense thanks!

Something about that last image (not the photo, the whole thing) just freaked me out bigtime. I have no idea what, but it did. I think I need some fresh air. :ph34r:

Here's a pic from AnOther Magazine, Spring/Summer 2002.

tumblr_o0z4qb2hd51qdepwzo1_r1_1280.jpg

1 person likes this

Always nice to see him live and breathe and all. Hope he's doing well. 

5 hours ago, Iva said:

Always nice to see him live and breathe and all. Hope he's doing well. 

Yeah! The more normal the context he's in for the picture, to more I like the picture. :) 

1 person likes this

Genesis - Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is what his shirt is for. Fantastic prog-rockish album, I would highly recommend it.

1 person likes this

^ Would you please link a source if you post a picture you didn't take yourself Moog? :)

Oh and I will leave this one here:

da4yf7afdrox0yayq.jpg

© Danny J. Flores

Edited by Chili_Pat
1 person likes this

Re, the photo with a fan lady above: those hashtags are so unfortunate. O_O I would instead put something like #goats and #cockatoos - would make more sense in 2016. YES. YES. YES. That's what hip kids are into, not the band. And then one'd have a lovely grid of related photos of Mollucans freaking out in agreement. :blink:

Anyway, something that actually makes sense - the cover of Venice Magazine from September 1991.

The other images can be found at this URL and some of them are NSFW: http://invisible-movement.net/v/magazines/1991/09venice 

199109_venice_cover.jpg

1 person likes this