Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robertham36

Snowblind cover

8 posts in this topic

Does any one know how John plays his cover of snowblind? I've tried but i can't for the life of me work it out?

Hey, sorry for replying to a 3 year old thread, but did anyone figure it out by now and would be willing to write it down and share? :)

http://youtu.be/bNcRedtJyRI?t=14m50s

Welcome and it's not a problem - it's weird when people reply to old news, but this isn't anywhere close to weird.

i learned it a few months ago but i learn from listening.. I can try and tab it though. Can you recommend a good and easy to use program to write tabs on? Or how do you guys do them? Notepad? :)

By the way, I've been listening a lot to 'master of reality' and 'Vol.4' by sabbath the past couple of months :)

1 person likes this

i learned it a few months ago but i learn from listening.. I can try and tab it though. Can you recommend a good and easy to use program to write tabs on? Or how do you guys do them? Notepad? :)

By the way, I've been listening a lot to 'master of reality' and 'Vol.4' by sabbath the past couple of months :)

Ooh, that would be awesome!

In my opinion doing it via Notepad is the best way to write down tabs, other than that I can think of Guitar Pro (not recommended because it costs money I think) and Power Tab.

Even just having parts of the song like the way JF plays the chords in the verse/chorus parts of the song would make me really happy :)

I don't really need the correct rhythm and the transitions and everything to be tabbed. I need help in trying to figure out how JF uses his left hand in this cover though, because I just can't figure out the chord variations and licks by myself. If I could have a starting point and maybe just the main chord variations used for verse/chorus that would already help me to figure it out I think.

If you have time on your hands and want to tab the whole thing that would be amazing of course ;)

but for me knowing the basic chord transitions used would already help a lot! I can't get it to sound right in the same way JF plays it.

Edited by Winks

I can't get it to sound right in the same way JF plays it.

Don't worry. Nobody can. :)

I'll try and find some time to tab some things then. I'll be glad to help you out. I'll probably do it on Notepad or something although I have some cracked version of GP that I used a while ago to tab a live "Californication" solo for someone on the message board. But with Notepad will be quicker somehow for this song.

So, I'll try to find some time by the end of the week. In the meantime if it helps you, it is good to know that the song is played with a guitar tuned down half a step. I think he says it in the video too. But you probably know this already :)

Just a quick post.

Intro is C# D# E B A and then he arpeggiates the A and the B back up to C. Repeats a few times then he just grooves on C# and B for the Verses and the riff (after he says cocaine for instance) is the notes B C B A# F# and he arpeggiates the A-B again.

The bridge is C#m Bm Bm/Bb A A/G#

The fastest part is essentially the same as the verse bet he goes from the notes C# to E and that's the hammer on part

Hopefully that helps