Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
that guy there

Living in hell

6 posts in this topic

"When he returned to the Chili Peppers in 1998, Kiedis wanted the band to record "Living in Hell", a song Frusciante had written several years before. Frusciante refused, feeling that the creative freedom he needs for his solo projects would conflict with his role in the band"

Is there such a song? I know that since this quote was lifted from wikipedia, it cant be fully trusted but it got me intrigued. Is there such a song? i went down to where they link the sources but that went to a dead end. So i thought id ask you fine people

The source is in one of the articles, but I can't recall which one. I also believe the quote is Living ABOVE Hell, not IN hell, just like that line in This Velvet Glove.

Since the search result pages are screwed up, I'll try to find it myself, as I'm sure it's one of those from 1999. Hold on. Thanks. :)

I gotta say, this made me curious. I did a little research about this, but I didn't find anything, except some people saying that this song is, actually, "Dying song", from "The Brown Bunny". Since it wasn't a "official" information, I'm not sure if this is the truth about this song.

in 2004 interview john said that rick rubin wanted RHCP to record his song that was due to be released on brown bunny's soundtrack (in 2004 i think it wasnt released yet) so i think it's dying song which is the most catchy/pop song on that album. although i can't imagine rhcp playing it.

I think some song that were written for brown bunny could of ended up on curtains or internet album is that one too early?