Chili_Pat

New EP "Outsides" - pre-order, discussion and more!

113 posts in this topic

Edited by Iva
We were told to delete this.

Wow very cool!

Dug around on this guy's social media. If you look at the instagram post of the one picture http://instagram.com/p/bkB3G2u7RE/ and look at the comments, he is asked "...is a new record coming soon then?" to which he replies "..and record in a few months i believe."

Great find! If I may ask, how did you even stumble across this? Do you follow this photographer or were you randomly googling John for news and found this? Or something else? It's so random yet so cool.

Nothing better than randomly checking the forum at 12:30 in the morning assuming to see nothing new and to find this!!! Now I'm definitely not going to sleep!

It was shared on another fan site and I thought I should put a link up here for all of us to see it :)

It all makes sense now! This morning, I received this email from cdjapan, no more info about what it is about at the moment, but it looks like we'll get to hear new music from the man this summer!
"Hi. This mail alert brings you information about the latest products that has just been listed at CDJapan, according to your "New Release Mail from Your Favorite Artists" subscription in customer account.
If any limited editions and first press bonus is listed, we highly recommend you pre-order it as early as possible to secure your copy, because supply is very limited.
DDCB-12529
John Frusciante/Outsize[blu-spec CD2] CDA
1429 yen US$14/100.76 Release Date:2013/08/14
Description:*Advanced Japanese release. CD from John Frusciante features three tracks total, including a bonus one. Comes with lyrics and a description.

A quick google translate,

"This work to open the curtain counter electrode more than 10 minutes featuring a guitar solo on the entire surface was sealed Kimi "Same" in "John Frusciante" emergency release! Previous work. All three songs unconventional creative as if investigated thoroughly the world of "PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone" is included. Japan pre-sale, bonus track +1, interviews, commentary, Ki lyrics with translation"

10 minute guitar solo, is Wayne making its way to CD or Wayne part 2, either way sounds awesome!!!!

Edited by frusciantefan21

Does this mean that the 'leaked' John track could be a genuine leak? Possibly pre-mastered?

Edited by Jordy

It could be anything, from a fake to something done on purpose to create buzz while pretending nobody cares...which would be very marketing-y of him and 'em, so it would border on hypocrisy.

I edited the title to put also all future things about Outsize right here in this thread :)

Some translations also say interviews, commentary, and explanation? Is that referring to actual interviews, commentary, and explanations by John? Or does it mean there will be some form of English to Japanese translation included with the album? I know that the Japanese versions usually get some form of bonus content with most releases. Either way hearing from John one way or another will be great!

Could you link to those translations and sources, please? I know somebody who might be able to help.

All that I did was copy the text from the Japanese website and translated it through a few translator websites to see if I could get a better idea of what was actually being said. Running the text through http://freetranslation.com and http://bing.com/translator, it came up with this:

Japanese: アウトサイズ [blu-spec CD2]/ ジョン・フルシアンテ

「ジョン・フルシアンテ」緊急発売! 前作では封印気味だったギターソロを全面にフィーチャーした10分を超える対極「Same」で幕を開ける本作。『PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone』の世界を突き詰めたかのような創造的で独創的な全3曲が収録。日本先行発売、ボーナストラック+1、インタビュー、解説、歌詞・対訳付き。

English: Size out the Blu-spec CD 2 / John full cyan-
"John full Cyan,emergency! The album was slightly sealed guitar solo features with the full spectrum for more than 10 minutes." "Same opening the film. The PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone inquired into the world of creative and innovative all 3 songs. Japan's first went on sale, the bonus tracks 1, interviews, commentary, and in the lyrics, with explanations.

So it is slightly different and not completely accurate I am sure. But it seems more clear. I guess I am most interested in an interview if that is what it actually means.

1 person likes this

Great news! Wasn't a big fan of PBX, but I was of Letur, so I'm really curious to know what he's got for us this time...

"Shelf" is such a weird name for a song hahahahaha

1 person likes this

"Shelf" is such a weird name for a song hahahahaha

so are most of the names on PBX

Nah, Shelf is much more weird than Bike or Guitar imo.

The information for "Outsides" is now available on John's website. If you preorder you get to download the bonus track. The bonus track is very much like PBX, which if you are anything like me it will take several listens to digest. John also has a bit to say about the EP. It's an exciting day to be a John Frusciante fan!

Edited by 07killta
1 person likes this

If there's any links to where I could listen to Sol it would be much appreciated! Unfortunately I don't get paid till the end of the week and my bank accounts empty :(

i understood "Sol" a minute ago

it turned from a mess into something absolutely awesome

I quickly listened Sol in YT. The beginning reminded a piece by Charles Ives called The Unanswered Question, in which a very similar atonal melody is laid on a continuous harmonic background. The ending could have been borrowed directly from PBX minus the drumming that was in my opinion the only thing keeping the end together and musically interesting. The rest was the same (Japanese were right! :D).

I am not going to preorder at least yet, but I guess I have to pay at some time. I’ll just wait for a cheaper option or the end... for they say then all the things you have to buy, will lose their value. :)

1 person likes this