thenewguy_

Dani California Solo tone

14 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble finding the right tone, especially for the solo and I was wondering if anybody knows the pedals and the right order...

(I'm sorry if this already exists, I'm having trouble with the search engine and can't seem to find anything)

Thanks

1 person likes this

I always thought it was Big Muff into DS-2, and for the effect on the end the WH10?

Tell me your gear and we look together for the right tone :)

Yeah - 50 %. Good luck re-creating the solo tone from the DC solo with a Jackson RR w/EMG 81 and an Ibanez TS9 ;)

1 person likes this

Hey, thanks for the reply!

and yes kato kalin, it's in my fingers and that part I figured out a long time ago so no need for that lecture cause I know the drill...

Tell me your gear and we look together for the right tone :)

I have a Fender HSS Stratocaster, Boss ds-2, Fuzz Face, Cry Baby GCB85, Ibanez CF7 and that's about it.

For everyone who took their time to answer thanks a lot, I don't know much about forums so I'm sorry...

Edited by thenewguy_

And what about the most import thing - the amp? ;)

Fender Super Champ X2

Edited by thenewguy_

Treble and Bass around 12 o'clock on your amp. Then DS-2 into Fuzz Face into wah. DS-2 with level all the way up, tone around 1 o'clock and distortion around 2 o'clock (Mode II), Fuzz Face volume and gain all the way up. Should sound pretty close. In the end you come in with the wah and BAM. Try :)

Treble and Bass around 12 o'clock on your amp. Then DS-2 into Fuzz Face into wah. DS-2 with level all the way up, tone around 1 o'clock and distortion around 2 o'clock (Mode II), Fuzz Face volume and gain all the way up. Should sound pretty close. In the end you come in with the wah and BAM. Try :)

the Wah Wah should be the last thing? I did something here which came pretty close, but I'm confused with the order of the pedals...

Could you explain the chain a little more?

You will get John's sound with the wah behind the distortion and fuzz boxes. It's much more intense this way. I would put your pedals this way for a JF sound:

DS-2 > Fuzz > Wah > CF7 :)

Although, my Crybaby acts weird behind my drive pedals... it cuts out when I'm heel back, and isn't that smooth

I've always had my crybaby after the OD pedals, it has a much smoother sweep that way. Whenever I tried it in front of my OD pedals, it resulted in a lot of toes-down, a lot of heel-down and just a tiny bit of in-between, with a prominent transition sound.

That's weird... Mine does that too, but only when it's behind my drive pedals. :wtf:

And I have no problem with putting it in front of them, but it gets lost when I kick in the Muff.