Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SUB

New LP - Enclosure

109 posts in this topic

Fantastic news! And it's probably coming out pretty soon - the St Vincent record that is reviewed on the same page comes out next week so you'd assume within the next month or so it'd be out? Fingers crossed on that one.

And I'm very happy to hear there's lots of guitar solos and lots of vocals. But then again, there's hardly any guitar on the Black Knights productions and that stuff is all great anyways, so I'd be open minded and give it a fair shot no matter what was on the recordings.

I hope he puts up some descriptions / explanations on his site soon. Will be checking daily now!

I'm pretty excited about this, and the cover looks pretty awesome too! Bring on April 8th! (or whenever it's out...)

Now that´s great news! Yippie :)

That cover looks so unlike John´s usual artwork for his solo stuff.

I love the fact the article states especially "songs" and "songwriting" more than "experimental" :)

And this is what happens when I insult somebody and we don't talk for two months + when I try to explain to the label that the information will leak from elsewhere even if I'm withholding it. Oh well, so is life. :P

More information on the album will be posted to John's website later today, with pre-order links. I'm about to post the release date now.

EDIT: There you go. http://invisible-movement.net/2014/02/johns-new-lp-enclosure-is-on-its-way-next-month

New track from the Enclosure sessions, written during The Empyrean sessions:

2 people like this

Please, add that to the site comments, so nobody links RHCPTV or some other spammer. Thanks and sorry once again. :)

Scratch is PHENOMENAL. Dynamic and sugar-rushesque! And extremely catchy, which Walls and Doors despite its overall beauty wasn’t. A lot like Bike, which is my favourite piece from this era. :bounce:

Great news!

I Like Scratch, but will be listening all day to get a more funded opinion on the track.

JF.com posted the tracklist:

1. Shining Desert

2. Sleep

3. Run

4. Stage

5. Fanfare

6. Cinch

7. Zone

8. Crowded

9. Excuses

So Scratch is a bonus track!

John´s description fits the song perfectly in my opinion. You can definetely tell that Scratch has been written in that Empyrean-Time as it reminds me of 'Today' with that heavy distorted guitars, while the recording has been done in that PBX-style obivously (drum machine and samples etc).

Pretty nice overall, althought its still hard for me to get along with that crazy drum samples.

1 person likes this

Love scratch and can definitely see how it sums up what PBX started. Does this mean that a new era is coming for John though? After the rest of the Black Knights stuff and Enclosure is released will he flip and create something entirely new? Ohhh so exciting!

Let's hope so! I mean, this phase is interessting enough, but two albums and two EP's is enough to see what he can do in this style imho.

And I looooove the anticipation on the new direction he will go into! Is it, as Iva suggested on at ease, chamber music? Is it country? Metal?

But seriously, I don't care where he goes 'cause I always seem to love what he does anyway; immediately or after several years (as was the case with TROWFTD).

Edited by slim

Do you need any help posting something or would you like that blank reply to be deleted? Just ask. :)

And I looooove the anticipation on the new direction he will go into! Is it, as Iva suggested on at ease, chamber music? Is it country? Metal?

I didn't say that, I said tut-tut, in response to nobody having posted a link to the song.

And yes, I'm the lame person who joins a Radiohead board to look for threads about John Frusciante and see if people need help. :)

Love scratch and can definitely see how it sums up what PBX started. Does this mean that a new era is coming for John though? After the rest of the Black Knights stuff and Enclosure is released will he flip and create something entirely new? Ohhh so exciting!

Yeah, I think what's interesting is that if this new album is over a year old, even after it is released his most recently recorded song released will still be 'Wayne'. But as Wayne was a one off tribute to his friend, it's probably not representative of what he's moved on to. He's probably done enough maggot brain tributes now? :P

I didn't say that, I said tut-tut, in response to nobody having posted a link to the song.

Sorry for misquoting you there Iva, it was Leather McWhip ho made that remark about chamber music.

Edited by slim
1 person likes this

I've got a little story to share with you here, if you don't mind me. If it doesn't fit the topic, feel free to delete.

Basically, I've been down for 2 weeks or so, and when Scratch was released I couldn't hear the song properly (I only had a broken headphone at the time, and the experience wasn't all that could have been). Well, yesterday I was having a walk outside and listening to some music. Then I remembered about Scratch and was like "Oh, now that I have a working earphone, I should listen to it again and see what this song really is about". So naturally, I skipped a few songs 'till I found Scratch.

I swear to you all, it changed my mood instantly. When John's vocals came in, a smile appeared on my face and didn't left for at least 2 hours. I went home smiling at everything, I felt every note of the song in my body. And when I got home and locked myself at my bedroom, I started dancing. Not like a "normal" dance or anything, I just danced for the sake of moving. And when it was over, I layed down on the floor, tired as never, laughing out loud like I haven't in ages.

I can't quite explain properly everything that happened, even though I try. It's something that needs to be felt, then you can understand what it was. All I can say is that Scratch is so fucking powerful, it got me back on the track again.

And I'm waiting for the release of Enclosure like a little kid waits for Santa Claus.

2 people like this

Delete, this? You've got to be kidding, this is beautiful. :)

That song has a hook most of mainstream hits could just hang in shame at and it showcases John's abilities at their best. Walls and Doors was a nice song, but it could make a person slightly moody/melancholic.

Well whoever first said that has a great point! Johns music has always seemed so spontaneous and his influences range so far and wide that it's pretty much impossible to predict his next move! But no matter what it is, when he makes it I think we'll all be wanting more!

Yeah, I think what's interesting is that if this new album is over a year old, even after it is released his most recently recorded song released will still be 'Wayne'. But as Wayne was a one off tribute to his friend, it's probably not representative of what he's moved on to. He's probably done enough maggot brain tributes now? :P

I think that your point on Wayne it spot on. I wouldn't say you could judge his future music on it as it was clearly John just jamming away!

One of the things John hasn't done in a while though is live shows. Maybe he'll start touring or at least performing a bit more!

Thanks Chili Pat,

That was a nice read. The guy is saying some good shit about guitar playing and what being good at guitar playing can imply.

Hereby I dedicade my 100th post to John and his new album, I'm looking forward to it!

:bath:

1 person likes this

Maybe to avoid some chaos like with the Outsides EP? I dunno.

Now that is strange!

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/john-frusciante-enclosure/hnum/4180702

Another "edition" or something maybe?

You can preorder and jpc store says the release is 4.4.2014, the label ist "Caroline" and it includes 2 LPs (and is more expensive), though it is Enclosure by Frusciante.

I already wrote an Email, just wanted to let you know about that, because afaik there won´t be a special edition of Enclosure.

^ German release date is April 4, 2014. Germany releases stuff always on Fridays BEFORE the US release date on Tuesday.