Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SUB

New LP - Enclosure

109 posts in this topic

Yes :) : )

Enclosure is so much within one work ;

changing the song order around it feels even more like something that would be put on in a big theater; the music flows one after the other in a very unique way. : )

truthfully a lot of John's works are like operas, ballets... futuristic compositions that are just as much experimental surrealisms and undefinable at the same time. I'm also very interested in how when crowded is the third song it is in the same space as Heart-shaped Box: there is a lot of creative influence from in utero in both PBX and now Enclosure. : )

run

stage

crowded

zone

fanfare

shining desert

excuses

cinch

(not sure where sleep would go!)

Hi everybody,

before I say my impressions about the album here I need to ask you something else. I have pre-ordered before the release date a vinyl at amazon.de and now I received a message from amazon.de they can not guarantee me me at all to see the vinyl yet. Then I searched and found the "Enclosure" as the vinyl is hardly obtainable many vinyl retailers.

Now I will have to buy an alternative on eBay but the deals have been there also reduced by this morning to evening now by 50%.

According to my results, the vinyl will be purchasable only via U.S. import in 1-2 weeks?

Does anyone of you what this bottleneck?

Is it known how many were produced?

Regards Paul

Edited by Iva
Please, do not type line breaks when reaching the end of the post box - only when you genuinely need a new line.

I have trouble understanding what some of the words you used are supposed to mean in this context, but I will forward what you said to somebody who might be able to help. Sorry for not having seen the message before, been avoiding this place like plague.

There's definitely an issue with side C on some of the vinyl pressings of this record. On my copy, it was pressed off-center and the pitch is all over the place during playback.

Example here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/urwpzfv20pemnwz/Enclosure%20issue.wav

I believe it. Almost all the record collection vinyls ive bought of John's records have been warped. When you try to bring it up with customer service you wont get a response.

That is interesting! I experimented with manually warping each song from Enclosure, due to finding, (though in the audacity program relatively lower quality effect) it to be an amazing way to hear music last summer, with the pitch 27% down to start and 27% above by the end due to the release date. I think it is some of the best music to receive this sort of ... it feels like turning the songs into printed holograms as well as becoming more operatic/reminiscent of some of the King Crimson albums due to the vocals being lower and also much higher by the end of the songs. : )

I'm not sure if John or other musicians have tried this with their music in higher quality software or with tapes, but, it's awe inspiring. : )

@ Iva

Thank you for your response to my post.

I think that this topic has done. We will see in the next few months or years if it was a smaller edition or not.

The most important is that I got my records. At the time when I wrote the post, I had difficulties to find an order with a fair price.

Now a few words about the album.

When I had read John brings another album to the PBX era out I was excited again. PBX was quite confused but had some pretty haunting songs. I can't really describe but John has in every release a couple of songs that touch me. He designed his songs always with special melodies and harmonies that draw me into its spell. So John has done it again with Enclosure so much musically to touch me, as then, The Empyrean. When I first heard the album I was very excited. The construction of the songs affected me very much more elaborate and soulful. Now, after some time has passed I would want to call the album almost as epic. Not much more I don't want to rave too because I think you know what I mean by the words ? I'd just wish that John makes the music further , he also shares with us, because his music is like a drug ! ;-)

Sleep

Stage

Excuses

Crowed

Zone

Fanfare

Shining Desert

Run

Cinch

Album cover:

eSD1suI.jpg

I just watched this -

Is that situation a scene in the bible? Odd. Yet John ain't Jesus Christ :D contrary to what too many people say...