Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL_

Interviews Thread

52 posts in this topic

John is featured in the May 2014 issue of the japanese Guitar Magazine - even on the front cover!

910250acc20411e39a2e0002c956f3ea_8.jpg

Would be cool to see some scans pop up somewhere.

1 person likes this

Thanks to jk0303jf from IG!

cng1zsjl8jwzoq3ii.jpg

cng202ka1at8pyo96.jpg

cng20a5gybjg0rm16.jpg

cng20hzywcuq33eq2.jpg

cng20qatprdrlm5vu.jpg

cng20xltqc7amea16.jpg

cng2154nbdz2u7dxm.jpg

Seems to be a summary of his last few interviews.

That's awesome! I'll put a picture of the cover on the site and we'll see if somebody can help.

And LOL, Babymetal are in the magazine, too. I'd suggest y'all to google them.

Thanks to Iva and TL for finding some more info on that!

Here are some tabs, featured songs are Enough Of Me, Shining Desert, Scratch, Before The Beginning, Cinch, and chords of some older songs.

BlAc9-BCMAAdTq0.jpg

BlAc96MCIAAJT72.jpg

BlAc96qCYAEEFi2.jpg

BlAc9-MCQAAUJvf.jpg

What older songs? I want to add this to the news item on the front page. :)

^ The guy TL was talking to on twitter didn't say which old songs are featured in the magazine :(

I ordered my copy from somebody in Japan yesterday, but it has not been dispatched yet. Can't wait!

But Guitar World arrived today, thanks to a super-sweet guy named Mike; so...proper scans and tabs of Dani California coming up.

Love that pic, btw. Thank you. :)

Damn do everybody live under rock? Wheres the crisis n rugged interview from TMZ?

It's not like they were talking about their music or John... I don't think that interview really needs to be documented on this thread.. I mean, holy shit, if ever there was a non-John-related story, that's the one.

1 person likes this

It's not like they were talking about their music or John... I don't think that interview really needs to be documented on this thread.. I mean, holy shit, if ever there was a non-John-related story, that's the one.

Not really...it happened at rugged monk's house! John was probably there getting wet with them :whee:

Edited by JohnsNumber1Fan

Member has been warned for the above post and their posting rights have been suspended for a three-day period, as they did not take a verbal warning on the lack of taste in the content they post seriously.

Any one seen all these scans?

Sorry if its already been posted :P

http://thechilisource.com/magazine-and-article-scans-john-frusciante/

It's OK. You're new and incredibly polite, plus most people are not aware how big the website associated to this board is. ;)

We have all of those and A LOT more, here: http://invisible-movement.net/v/magazines/ - almost all of those in English have been transcribed and about 75% of the articles and interviews in other languages have already been translated, so...once you're there, it'll be hard for you to stop.

In future, this is a thread for new interviews, concerning Enclosure and Black Knights' albums. ;) At least that's what I think TL had in mind when he opened it.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/john-frusciante-interview-2014

Yeah....so...what the?

Anyone else feel like John says some really stupid shit sometimes? We all say stupid shit, but i can't believe how fickle and hypocritical he is being.

Why did he rejoin the band in 1998 if the recording studio process with the band was so terrible?

Then he implies that making music and looking forward to playing shows and selling the record is wrong and artists who are doing that are making music for the wrong reasons.

Not everyone can afford to put out record after record without some hope of making money from CD sales or merch or shows. It doesn't mean there heart is in the wrong place, it just means they don't have a major label or one of it's subsidiaries promoting the record with nice photoshoots and press releases.

Unlike you, people have to pay for studio time. Not everyone has a house in the hills.

I love your music John. It has had a profound effect on me throughout my life, but please, think about what you're saying.

Edited by gurpsone

What do you mean sometimes? John has always been fickle and been saying stupid shit in interviews if that's what you want to hear out of it, and he probably always will do so because he's just that kind of polarizing person who isn't afraid of saying things that may be misunderstood by people or that make him look bad. If you count all of his interviews you probably get 50% interviews in which he talks about weird shit that would be sufficient to call him mental in a court room and 50% "normal" interviews. To me they are all coming from the same place though, even if his opinions on the surface change drastically over the years.

I think he's pretty much the opposite of a hypocrit, he's just being honest now that he can talk about stuff like that without hurting the band directly and creating negativity while still being in the band at the same time (which would be very hurtful and disrepectful towards Flea and Anthony who put a lot of life blood into RHCP). He would be a hypocrit if he didn't talk about it now that he has some distance from the whole thing, because clearly these are things that are very important to him and stand at the very basis of his musicianship craft and his idea of living a (mentally and physically) healthy life. Otherwise he wouldn't talk about it.

I don't think he expects anyone to share his views on stuff. I also don't think he sees it as black and white as you claim he does, I don't think he implies that selling records is wrong or that looking forward to playing shows is wrong if you are a musician who is struggling to get food on the table, probably quite the opposite. But if you do the same thing on a scale like the Red Hot Chili Peppers over a whole decade, it becomes a different beast. It's all relative.

Edited by Winks

What do you mean sometimes? John has always been fickle and been saying stupid shit in interviews if that's what you want to hear out of it, and he probably always will do so because he's just that kind of polarizing person who isn't afraid of saying things that may be misunderstood by people or that make him look bad. If you count all of his interviews you probably get 50% interviews in which he talks about weird shit that would be sufficient to call him mental in a court room and 50% "normal" interviews. To me they are all coming from the same place though, even if his opinions on the surface change drastically over the years.

I think he's pretty much the opposite of a hypocrit, he's just being honest now that he can talk about stuff like that without hurting the band directly and creating negativity while still being in the band at the same time (which would be very hurtful and disrepectful towards Flea and Anthony who put a lot of life blood into RHCP). He would be a hypocrit if he didn't talk about it now that he has some distance from the whole thing, because clearly these are things that are very important to him and stand at the very basis of his musicianship craft and his idea of living a (mentally and physically) healthy life. Otherwise he wouldn't talk about it.

I don't think he expects anyone to share his views on stuff. I also don't think he sees it as black and white as you claim he does, I don't think he implies that selling records is wrong or that looking forward to playing shows is wrong if you are a musician who is struggling to get food on the table, probably quite the opposite. But if you do the same thing on a scale like the Red Hot Chili Peppers over a whole decade, it becomes a different beast. It's all relative.

true dat.

@gurpsone

I merged your new thread into this one here about the Noisy interview. It's clearer that way :)

There are many good moments in this interview. The reminder that it is OK to be dedicated to music, and how it is compared to living itself, may bring about many positive changes in my relationship & friendships. When I became doubtful that it mattered to be working with music, my relationship and friendships came apart too. Essentially the idea that it is OK to be proud to love and to love deeply is what is underneath and was brought to the surface by John. :)

When one starts doubting an area of one's life, the other areas that may seem not to be connected really will change too.

There is a unique and fascinating life of full acceptance and involvement and immersion that exists but there are distractions, people who one may fear will make fun of you for being that way, sort of a culture clash. it seems like it has been this way for eons, and it comes and goes.

The interview is not that good, but what annoyed me was not the questions, but the author. He has a larger-than-life attitude just because he spoke to John, thus contributing to the god, unreachable or whatever-one-calls-it myth...and the comment about his Twitter account at the end is tasteless. Then again, it's Vice... :rolleyes:

As for John, he's very "removed" from an average standard of living and who knows what his reasons for saying what he says are. But remember that he once said he admired Christian Fennesz for having a day job. Perhaps he's aware of his privilege, but he never understood why it would be important to acknowledge it, plus his hate towards the industry gets the best of him.

People born in '80s and '90s are more well-versed on social justice and privileges than everybody else.