Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL_

Interviews Thread

52 posts in this topic

hey Iva :) can you tell me where I can find the interview where he talks about christian fennesz?

and the comment about his Twitter account at the end is tasteless.

Agree.

1 person likes this

privilege

Yes :) Privilege can basically be traced to the beginnings of the breakdown of human life. Any ways that privilege echoes through life today are clear and continued reminders that it was a bad invention.

Chernobyl and Fukushima are the most direct reminders in certain ways,

which is why it makes sense that the most meaningful art i know of, Wrong Star, was created... not by a commissioned poet laureate, or any of the millions of privileged poets/authors, musicians who have never dared to address actual important realities of life, but simply by a poet who wanted to express her feelings and ideas on many subjects, without being given any specific "privilege" to do so. :yes:

The experience before privilege is being alive and conscious; that is how life existed for however long, and thankfully does still exist through strong intentions and creativity.

hey Iva :) can you tell me where I can find the interview where he talks about christian fennesz?

He mentions him in more than one interview, will have a look to see where precisely. Give me one day. :)

Also, they're both interviewed in a great book called Feeding Back, that was out two years ago, not sure if you caught up on that?

:respekkt:

content edited for hyperoptimism/speculation!

I'm thankful that in many ways the future is exactly what will happen then, and i will make sure not to misinterpret in favor of dreams simply to allow room for the true dream of the actual future.

Edited by patches

I'll be honest and say I have absolutely zero interest in anything the Chili Peppers are doing these days. I honestly can't see John wanting to produce for them and I can't see them wanting him to either. ESPECIALLY Josh. I really hope John stays away.

2 people like this

The day John Frusciante produces a Chili Peppers record is the day the sky is turning purple and flames are shooting out of it.

content edited for hyperoptimism/speculation! :)

Life in outer space is a unique gift that as i get "older" although apparently time and distance are to some extent illusions according to physicists, that it is less appropriate to speculate than it is to appreciate and absorb, be surprised and be surpassed!

Edited by patches

Not a good idea to post this kind of wishful thinking here, especially not when we're almost certain that John has not spoken to any of the Chili Peppers other than Chad in years. Not weeks, not months. Years.

Ok, i have edited the posts! ^_^

Something that is curious about interviews with John is that overall, there is very little discussion about his singing. Whether it is (all albums certainly included) Niandra..., By the Way, Sphere..., PBX or Enclosure, the singing and vocal composing are some of the most versatile and in depth that have happened in modern music. However, maybe to have limited discussion about this keeps it uniquely pure!

1 person likes this

Not a good idea to post this kind of wishful thinking here, especially not when we're almost certain that John has not spoken to any of the Chili Peppers other than Chad in years. Not weeks, not months. Years.

Is that a fact? Can´t believe John hasn´t spoken to Flea or Josh (!). Could well imagine Josh has spoken to John about his experiences.

http://invisible-movement.net/2015/05/a-lengthy-interview-with-john-on-resident-advisor

A very encouraging and thoughtful discussion is here in this article.

I think that anyone with any mindset could find this to be a helpful and insightful mini book about being a person that also includes more information about John's music!

Edited by Iva
Edited things that clearly have nothing to do with John Frusciante - do not write about other people's personal things. This is your final warning.

I think all of his (especially latest) interviews show who he really is, and very sadly for me, I think he's pretty obviously an asshole. It seems pretty obvious that he's very high on himself and just has this god-like syndrome. Plus, doesn't matter whether it's true or we agree or whatever, saying the kind of things he says publicly about RHCP just shows arrogance and self-absorption really. You're entitled to your opinions but it's kind of pathetic to see you gratuitously offend people who basically saved your life

On 8/15/2015 at 6:56 PM, ilpit89 said:

I think all of his (especially latest) interviews show who he really is, and very sadly for me, I think he's pretty obviously an asshole. It seems pretty obvious that he's very high on himself and just has this god-like syndrome. Plus, doesn't matter whether it's true or we agree or whatever, saying the kind of things he says publicly about RHCP just shows arrogance and self-absorption really. You're entitled to your opinions but it's kind of pathetic to see you gratuitously offend people who basically saved your life

I don't know, John has an ego yea but you really expect him to express gratitude to the chili peppers? He's probably embarrassed by them. Did they really save John's life? Or did John "save" his own life by cleaning up and getting his shit together

Edited by JohnsNumber1Fan

Hello, new here. Nice article.

Anybody notice how he named the rhcp by name and not merely by "my previous band"?

1 hour ago, kabacho said:

Hello, new here. Nice article.

Anybody notice how he named the rhcp by name and not merely by "my previous band"?

huh...he said "the chili peppers"... :rolleyes:

Could have been edited for clarity, too. 

That's pretty stupid. The chili peppers are terrible, John is much better off making music that he wants to, rather than some awful pop songs for anthony to whine over

fair enough....but the peppers are old...it's the rolling stones in the 1990's...once a band reaches a certain point they are just washed up. i think john realizes that

On 9/22/2016 at 6:53 AM, JohnsNumber1Fan said:

I don't know, John has an ego yea but you really expect him to express gratitude to the chili peppers? He's probably embarrassed by them. Did they really save John's life? Or did John "save" his own life by cleaning up and getting his shit together

Everyone has to remember when someone's talking in an interview they're often trying to compartmentalise some very big experiences or feelings and boil them down to what is essentially a soundbite. Sometimes that can come off as being overly blasé or arrogant or whatever about the subject at hand.

I have met Frusciante once and he was a humble, relaxed and quite surprised that people still have an interest in his earlier work. He didn't come off as arrogant or anything like that.

Edited by Thomas

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

I have met Frusciante once and he was a humble, relaxed and quite surprised that people still have an interest in his earlier work. He didn't come off as arrogant or anything like that.

Guess he haven't been to youtube lately, where everyone calls him god.

In my mind, John comes back to the band and Josh stays. Just imagine the vocal harmonies they can do with 3 singers live.

On a side note, does this site has any connection to the the stadium arcadium forums? I read there once that John, back in 2009, was willing to come back to the band and in the first rehearsal stormed out of studio once he heard anthony sing. :P

Edited by kabacho