Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bdam123

In Search For An Instrumental

16 posts in this topic

I've been searching for a specific instrumental that John had on one of his albums. It is simply an acoustic guitar playing some chords and a melodic electric guitar solo over top. Its not very long.

My memory is telling me that it was an untitled track but when I went to look for it through the albums I could not find it. I think maybe the actual track got deleted from my hard drive or something (its been a few years since I played some JF).

Was hoping you guys could help me out. Thanks.

Can you be a tiny bit more specific?

1 person likes this

Thats all I got. Thats why its been so frustrating for me. I could have swore it was on Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt but it wasn't there when I gave it a listen. Thats why I think maybe the track is lost. I don't know.

1 person likes this

These songs come to mind, and, in trying to find a way of sharing these with you, realizing someone has compiled these video artworks for them that i would not have expected would work but do approach the music halfway, the music is not overwhelmed or mixed too much with the film, it is more like two unique artworks nearby oneanother. ^_^:)

Edited by Iva
Replaced the link for one from a profile that does not spam and mine our site.

Technically not an instrumental, but the beginning instrumental part of the song is long enough that forgetting about the vocals later on is quite possible after some time. I guess it doesn't fit the "not very long" part, so it is probably not it :)

Edited by Winks

this is from "From The Sounds Inside"

Untitlled track, given a title by fans

Edited by Janis
1 person likes this

I'm putting my money on it being one of these songs in this thread...

Shall we take bets on who was right? haha

http://youtubedoubler.com/gckU

this (Forever away) isn't only an instrumental but it is in the style of these songs and i have found a unique art video that goes well with it... just turn down the volume of the left video. there are untold numbers of this style of art video out there so a new thread may appear soon if there are others that match well with different songs!!

I'm putting my money on it being one of these songs in this thread...

Shall we take bets on who was right? haha

I think it's the song you suggested, but I add "Time is Nothing" just in case:

Are you sure it's a John track, Vigi?

If that's not the case, my life has been a big lie! Haha no but I've always taking that for granted. Listen to the beginning where he counts "1, 2, 3". Sure sounds like him.

Yup I'm fairly certain that's John too. It totally sounds like him playing and it certainly seems like its his voice counting in.

Yup I'm fairly certain that's John too. It totally sounds like him playing and it certainly seems like its his voice counting in.

http://www.yourforumisgluedtoasiteonfire.net/topic/5125-demo-and-bside-tracklistings-and-downloads/

i refound this list, according to this, it is on one of the To record only water for ten days singles or EPs, but, as such it is not well known!

Time Is Nothing is a B-side of the "Going Inside"-Single ;)