Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Janis

John's recent singing

3 posts in this topic

I know this is a FAN forum but - don't you think his singing on Enclosure & PBX has become kind of arrogant?

He's singing with his falsetto over and over from the throat, to prove he's a strong and tough guy. That's what it seems to me like - in no way grounded, humble or selfless. Listen to his singing on To Record Only Water for instance, these are the sounds of a guy who has been beat down and is more than wonderfully glad to be back and has a chance to sing. Even on Stadium Arcadium, with the exception of the intro of "Wet Sand" his singing is real laid back and honest. I think he's selling the lie of an illusion to us on his recent albums. What has become of grand Sir John Frusciante? A self-centered renessaince man with an ego up to the sky. He CAN sing, for sure, thats exactly why he's misusing his ability to show off. Do you feel the same? I'm angry at him! Come down from being rich wealthy and super to being sincere and making sensitive sincere music again...

...these are examples of what kind of music John COULD be doing, I know he's not the Durutti Column, nor Keiji Kondo, but just judging from John's musical knowledge, wisdom & abilities - being truthful to yourself.

Sorry if this is a too personal post.

Not cool to use somebody you don't know, who may be going through a lot right now, as your punching bag.

He's a human like you and me, maybe more vulnerable than most others. He never had a normal path in life. Cut him some slack. There is a difference between criticism and a harsh attack. "Arrogant singing" is...not a thing.

I'll give you a little time-out, because you don't sound OK. We all have our coping mechanisms. But yours is unfair.

2 people like this