Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IIIIMOOGIIII

Foregrow EP to be released on April 16th through AcidTest

29 posts in this topic

The LA label will issue the four-track Foregrow EP on Record Store Day.

John Frusciante will continue to work with Acid Test in 2016, this time on the Foregrow EP, out April 16th. 

Last year saw Acid Test team up with the former Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist for Trickfinger, an album of IDM-informed abstractions RA's Patric Fallon said "finds fresh excitement in acid's natural proclivity for twitchy, evasive movements." The new release, out on Record Store Day, sees Frusciante "using elements of John Carpenter's eternal scores, the drum programming DNA of jungle and footwork, and yes, a Roland TB-303," according to the label. 

Check out our in-depth chat with Frusciante from last year here. 

Tracklist 
A1 Foregrow 
A2 Expre'act 
B1 Lowth Forgue 
B2 Unf 

Acid Test will release Foregrow on April 16th, 2016.

Label: Acid Test

johnfruscianteforegrowacidtest.jpg

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=33423

Edited by Iva
Made your post into a new topic. :)
1 person likes this

Thank you for sharing! This sounds quite interesting. There seems to be more stuff going on than in the Trickfinger album. A large variety of sounds.

TL_, bless you for your ethics. :)

As far as I know is the 3" mini-disc and 12" vinyl limited and only available in the US (in stores, not online).

The vinyl seems to be limited to 1.000 pieces. Maybe our friend Leni can clear some things up about that?

That's right Pat. There's not much info out there about this release but I managed to gather some info from various retailers.

The vinyl is RSD limited only, meaning it's only available in stores and will be later available to order online if there are any copies left after that day. 1000 copies will be pressed (not sure if worldwide, at least in the US).

The CD will be released in a mini 3" inch disc, probably in a single CD case. It seems Japan it's getting a regular CD release, but that's not confirmed yet. No bonus tracks this time.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, IIIIMOOGIIII said:

arrived today 

dDjf2Bo.jpg

How do you like it? How does it compare to Renoise or Enclosure? 

On 4/12/2016 at 2:59 PM, MrFrooshontay said:

How do you like it? How does it compare to Renoise or Enclosure? 

Where did you order this from?  I have not been able to find a place to pre-order except for a few places in Europe.  All I have seen is that it will be available on Record Store Day.  I called my local record store and the only version they have is the vinyl.  I am looking for a compact disc version of Foregrow.  Amazon and Ebay did not have anything available as well.  If anybody has any information that can help a person looking for the CD version in the US, please let me know.  

Thanks

10 hours ago, IIIIMOOGIIII said:

Yo Moog, what's wrong with the sound of your upload? It sounds less good than the 1 min samples. Did you change the speed or did you equalize it? Or did you record the vinyl? Thanks anyway to allow us to listen to it before being able to buy it ( yeah Iva, I know I shouldn't be encouraging something that's against the rules )

1 hour ago, 30400v said:

Yo Moog, what's wrong with the sound of your upload? It sounds less good than the 1 min samples. Did you change the speed or did you equalize it? Or did you record the vinyl? Thanks anyway to allow us to listen to it before being able to buy it ( yeah Iva, I know I shouldn't be encouraging something that's against the rules )

It was recorded only with a vinyl player from the 80's. the tempo is original but it seems faster than 1 minute samples.
the A site has 33 RPM and the B site 45 RPM

Edited by IIIIMOOGIIII

Thanks for the upload Moog. 

I love this record. Managed to find an online seller... anyone want a link? 

On 4/14/2016 at 8:40 AM, IIIIMOOGIIII said:

Yeah the rip is nearly in mono as well. the stereo image is really messed up so a lot of the sounds kind of disappear! If you want to upload this, maybe get the cd and upload that version? Its a bit sad, because so many people hear the versions you upload and may not really hear the intended versions! I'm not having a go at you, just making a happy suggestion :)

Edited by theseasons

Yeah, this is way way better! Accurate tempo, and nicer audio quality but also it shows how much stereo informations were missing, like theseasons said.