Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Betov8

Ibanez WH10 modded vs Wilson effects ten spot ll

9 posts in this topic

Hello all!  

I am in a bit of a crisis. After 6 years of owning a WH10v2 it has finally died. The first one I got was a bad one then returned it got another one and man it must have been one of the good ones I gigged with it and stomped it to death. Like a champ never broke. Till now.  So my wife got me a crybaby Jimi Hendrix sign. And it's good but handles fuzz and gain terribly. So I don't know if I should get the modded one by Wilson effects or the ten spot?  If any one has either I would love some feed back! Thanks!

1 person likes this

I bought a used version of his modded wah and I love it, the true bypass and volume knob make a huge difference compared to using a v2. However I believe the ten spot is almost identical and would have a warranty in place. Not to mention if you have had two v2s die in you in the past change might be a good thing. I've only heard good experiences with dealing with Wilson Effects as well.

tl;dr I would recommend the Ten Spot as it's virtually the same thing in a more rugged modern enclosure. 

1 person likes this

Rite on! Thanks man! For the feedback! Your right man change mite be good but ah I do love the feel of it. Just can't get used to the crybaby in case. Also  I found A cheap used modded one  by Wilson effects and I am thinking of it since it's so cheap but now I am thinking of just waiting and saving up for for the  ten spo hmmmm.  Has your moded one hold up good? 

1 person likes this

I havent had any problems with it, but it also rarely leaves the studio. Unless your problems were with the switching, than the modded one won't necessarily hold up any better than the regular v2.

Rite on! Awesome man!  Yea your right.  What do you think about getting a vintage WH10? Just for home use? 

If you have the cash to spare I don't see why you couldn't, but I'd personally at least wait until I tried any of the other wahs to see if it's even worth spending the extra money. Either way I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on whatever you end up buying.

1 person likes this

Yea your right. Maybe down the distant road all get myself a vintage one for home or just cu it's Kul to have one haha . I ended up buying a ten spot! All let you know when it comes in how I like it!  

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Betov8 said:

I ended up buying a ten spot! All let you know when it comes in how I like it!  

Awesome! I'd love to hear what you think, and if you're able to record it and upload it on youtube or soundcloud or whatever that'd be cool too!

1 person likes this

Yea man! For sure! I have never uploaded a video on youtube but really want to so this mite be the time! I will also upload on Instagram not sure if you have one??